Sunday, May 29, 2011

Kibble?

Usually, I like dried fruit.  Fruit leather.  That kind of thing.  Today, I am eating these fruity snacks called "fruityflakes" that Ellie recommended.  We were excited to be in Trader Joe's together purchasing.  Ellie has come so far from Texas, and she had googley eyes for all of the Trader Joe's delights.  Now, I am eating apple-strawberry.  I have to say, I am a little turned off by their appearance.  Very kibble-esque.  Also, the texture is odd.  They seem to have been dusted with some kind of flour.  Overall, I think I would choose a plump dried apricot over these little guys, but I am so happy to have seen Ellie, and that she is going to be on the West Coast at long last for a long while, and that these fruityflakes remind me of her, that I devoured them all and I may eat another batch.

1 comment:

  1. I wish Trader Joe's sugar-covered gelatin candy squares were in my mouth right now!!!!! I don't remember what they're actually called. Probably something far more appetizing sounding than sugar covered gelatin candy squares... though that does sound awfully appetizing!

    ReplyDelete