Saturday, May 14, 2011

Double Rainbow

Long ago, in happier times, a Double Rainbow Ice Cream shop was just a few short blocks from my house.  Many an evening, we would walk up the street to get chocolate, mint chip and (a late discovery) strawberry.  I would get a hand-packed pint with the flavors I wanted.

The shop has been gone for a while, and my ice cream eating has decreased.  But this week, I found pints of Double Rainbow on sale at the grocery store!  Today, I am eating mint chip and chocolate.  It's unusual for me, but I find the mint chip extremely superior to the chocolate.  I am having seconds.  I feel happy and cozy and don't know what I'll do about dinner.

6 comments:

  1. I ate it first. I deserve credit for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! My first comment about what YOU're eating. You get a gold star.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a chocolate bar for dinner and then I got gas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nobody Nobody, I am so sorry about the gas. I had gas for 2 days last week! Thank goodness that's over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tonight I ate Pistachio ice cream for the first time. Loved the creamy, buttering part. Found the nuts annoying. If I had my druthers, I would have picked them out and poured chocolate sauce over the rest. The others at table may have found it somewhat repulsive though. So I refrained.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joan, it's true. Pistachio ice cream is confusing. It has this light, whimsical taste, but the nuts weigh it down. I definitely leave a sad little cluster of nuts at the bottom of my bowl.

    ReplyDelete