Friday, May 20, 2011

Yogurt, a Difference of Opinion

Right now, I am eating plain yogurt with granola as a post-work snack.  It's "Greek-style" yogurt.  What does that mean?  Thick?  Does it also mean flavorless?  My experience over and over with this popular yogurt is that it has nothing to offer.  Where is the tanginess?  The very yogurty-ness of yogurt?  Eating it plain would be next to impossible.   Give me Strauss!  Give me a good yogurt from sheep's milk!  So, while I feel pleased about my moderately healthy choice of post-work snack (very different from the cookies of yore), I feel disappointed in myself that once more I was lured into trying something I already know I don't like.  Quick, tell me what you're eating.  I am clearly running out of good ideas.

5 comments:

  1. I have learned to love Stonyfield organic plain smooth and creamy whole milk yogurt. A little like kefir but thicker and sweeter. Dropped over fresh fruit and sprinkled with something a bit sweet is a just right snack or dessert. Mmmm. Don't forget to lick the bowl clean at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, thank you for the tip! I will try it next. By the way, I love your profile picture!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the greek yogurt on a potato.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Add some scrumptious jam (Danish strawberry!) and (as Sandrina said today, here in St.Louis)"It tastes like ice cream!!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you can find it... Goat milk yogurt is my absolute favorite, in any flavor! It costs over $2 for a small container but trust me, it's goooood!

    I'll keep an eye out for sheep's milk yogurt, too!

    ReplyDelete