Saturday, August 6, 2011

Kefir-y-nice

I've been drinking Kefir since I was a little girl.  My mother used to drive into Brookline to the Russian store to get it.  Back then, it was strictly plain.  None of this strawberry, blueberry, pomegranate (?) stuff.  Best was Kefir layered over whole red grapes after a run.  This morning I am drinking my Kefir straight from the cup.


It's gloomy here in the Bay area, and I miss the hot days of Hull where the question of "What should I do today?" was resoundingly answered with, "Walk 60 steps to the beach."  The Kefir is going down slowly because a hot drink is probably more appropriate in the cold apartment.  But I love the touch of effervescence and the tang.  I can almost imagine the road I see out the window is the beach, and the clouds are just gearing up for a short thunderstorm, and, in a few hours, we'll be in the ocean once again.  Salty, sandy and giddily happy.

1 comment:

  1. I recently tried pomegranate kefir, and found it to be quite delicious. Like a smoothy a bit, and tart and sweet altogether.

    ReplyDelete