Saturday, August 6, 2011

Cookies Require Milk

Today we baked Joan's famous chocolate chip cookies.  First problem, we only had salted butter, not unsalted, and J Russell Mikkelsen is very particular.  This was easily remedied with a short trip to the store and a quick stop for burritos and salad for the starving chefs.  Next problem, he likes them soft, I like them crispy.  Easily solved.  These cookies are not for me!  After one serving today, I will be on a strict cookie cleanse.  Now, we taste.



I think they are absolutely delicious.  The chocolate chips are still melty, and even though they are not crispy, their edges have a faint crunchiness that complements the inner softness well.  Just the perfect amount of sweet and salty.  J Russell says, "Chewy, delicious, soft and gooey.  Like brownie cookie." And of course, after every bite, I need milk.  Cool, sweet, refreshing milk, I desire you almost exclusively for this purpose.  What a lovely early evening surprise from my dear J Russell!!

No comments:

Post a Comment