Sunday, July 24, 2011

Bagel, Lox, Cream Cheese

I really am trying to resist becoming gloriously fat on my vacation, but this morning I woke up starving.  I greedily devoured an omelette of eggs and gruyere, a buttered biscuit with honey, and cottage cheese with raspberries courtesy of my brother, the Rabbi.  Admittedly, after that I did go for a fairly long walk on the beach.  Already by noon, I was famished again.  Up to this point, I have avoided the bagels that are in endless supply here.  But what could be better as a noon-time snack than a half a sesame bagel, smeared with cream cheese, slathered in salmon and garnished with tomatoes and grapes?  Nothing.  Delicious, salty, creamy and satisfying.  Yum yum yum.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I have a bagel addiction that goes like this: Bruegger's Bagels smoked salmon cream cheese on a bagel (rosemary preferably), topped with capers then smoked salmon. Trader Joe's has a deal for $2.99 of 4oz of salmon pieces.

    ReplyDelete