Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Fay-food versus Airport food

I am stuck in the airport for a series of annoying reasons.  So far I am sustaining myself on Fay-food: since 5 am Oakland time, I have eaten my cherries,  a half of a carrot, 2 larabars (one key lime, one coconut cream), a square of dark chocolate, a hardboiled egg, and some brown rice snaps.  I had to give up my delicious Bellweather sheep's milk yogurt at security, and was forced to buy an airport yogurt. This was strawberry.  Why is strawberry yogurt bad to me?  Maybe it's only good cold? Anyway, I forced myself to eat some of it but had to throw the rest away.  $5 on yogurt in the trash.  Next up: almonds.  I am a little concerned that perhaps I should hoard the almonds because when I finally get to Boston, it might be in the middle of the night, after a $100 dollar cab ride, and I will be starving. So here I am come to a dilemma:  buy airport food and hoard almonds or EAT almonds now?

1 comment: