Thursday, June 9, 2011

Eggs!

The lovely and winning Jodacious brought me eggs from his coworker's chickens.  So, this morning, I am quite joyfully and heartily eating a fried egg and toast, black tea with cream, and apple juice.  The eggs are much richer than I am used too, the yellow almost orange and the flavor very chick-like.   I am so glad I woke up before my alarm this morning and had time to have a breakfast that surpasses oatmeal in every way.  I should have taken a picture, but you see, I was too anxious to dig in, and the egg is already gone.  Many thanks go to the author of Eating Animals for leading me to discover the deliciousness of eggs from chickens that scratch and peck and walk around outside.  I'm no vegan, but it's nice to eat food I feel great about.

1 comment:

  1. Lucky girl! You can almost taste the sunshine and fresh air in those eggs!

    ReplyDelete